In today’s guide, you are going to see how you can run APK files on your Windows computer easily. And that too without bluestack or any PC emulator.
Although, a variety of methods are available for running Android applications. Most of them consist of using an emulator, especially the all-mighty BlueStacks, which is a cloud-based virtual machine that optimizes Android apps for PCs. But in this post, we are not going to talk about emulators, because there are other ways to open and install android apps on your Windows PC.
And No!, I’m not talking about Android SDK either(which is also a great way to install android apps by the way)
So let’s see how exactly you can …
Open and run APK files in windows PC without emulator
You will need ARC Welder for this, which is a Chrome extension that allows you to run android apps directly from your browser using APK files, which is the simplest method of running android apps on a PC. It makes it convenient to run applications that are native to Google’s operating system using your navigator’s unified interface.
How do I open an APK file on my PC?
To open an APK file on your PC with ARC Welder, simply follow the steps below.
- First download chrome browser in your windows 10 computer from here
- Now go to the chrome web store and install the ARC Welder extension from here
- After downloading the extension, it might ask you for an empty folder, provide that
- Now click on the plus sign and add your APK file into the ARC Welder, it may take a few seconds.
- Configure how you want the app to run
- And click the “Launch App” button
This should work fine in windows 8 and windows 10 versions.