After the official release of Windows 11, lots of windows users are dying to try the new Windows 11 update on their computer. However, lots of Windows users are getting “cannot upgrade to Windows 11” with no specific reason when they try to check if they are eligible for the Windows 11 update.
To solve this issue you can download this open-source compatibility check tool named whynotwin11 to know why exactly you can’t get the free windows 11 update.
Whynotwin11 is an open-source windows 11 compatibility checker tool that tells you all the reasons why you can’t get the latest window 11 updates on your old windows devices.
This tool was developed by Robert C. Maehl in response to Microsoft not telling the exact reason why you can’t install windows 11 update in the PC health check tool developed by windows.
That means, unlike Microsoft’s Health Check Tool, The WhyNotWin11 Tool gives you better and accurate information about why your PC is not eligible for Windows 11 update.
How to download whynotwin11 compatibility checker tool
It doesn’t matter if right now you’re in windows 10, windows 8, or any other version of windows, just follow these steps below and you will be able to install and use it on your computer.
There are chances that your windows defender or any antivirus system may not allow you to install it, so you might have to disable it first.
- Download the whynotwin11tool from here
- Expand and click on keep
- If it asks for confirmation, click on keep anyway
- Let it download fully and then install it
- You might get a popup like this, click on More info
- Click on Run anyway
And finally, it will show you if your device is compatible with window 11 or not
If you get Ok in every menu, that means your device is compatible and perfect for the windows 11 update
and If you get few X marks with a red background, that means your device doesn’t have that required item
Here are some of the reasons why whynotwin11 tool is better to use instead of the Microsoft PC health check tool to check for compatibility of your computer for windows 11 update.
- The Why Not Win 11 program checks all compatibility requirements and indicates whether the Computer or Laptop meets them.
- WhyNotWin11 answers in graphical form like green for yes, red for no, yellow for unclear.
- WhyNotWin11 will check all areas of compatibility, including CPU type, TPM version, amount of RAM, and BIOS.
- If most of your hardware is compatible with Windows 11, then it is unlikely that it will prevent the installation of Windows 11.
- This app provides information about hardware that is incompatible. In order to resolve this issue.