Table of Contents
What is Msvcr71.dll?
Msvcr71.dll is a DLL (dynamic link library) file that is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library. It is used by many different applications to help them run properly on your computer. This file is essential to the smooth running of your computer, so if you’re seeing an error message related to this file, it’s important to address it as soon as possible.
Msvcr71.dll supports the “Microsoft Visual C Runtime” library version 7.1 engine. This file is necessary in order for “Windows” to run applications that have been written in C++ just like the Msvcp140.dll. In addition to Microsoft Office and Visual Studio, msvcr71.dll is used by many non-Microsoft applications that use the .NET framework.
If the msvcr71 DLL file is missing from your Windows 11,10, 8, or 7 be it a 32-bit or 64-bit OS version, you will receive an error message with the following: “This application failed to start because msvcr71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Here are some programs that may require Msvcr71. DLL to run it smoothly:
Adobe Audition, Hitman Blood money, Civilization 4, CSI hard evidence, Far Cry, Batman Arkham Asylum, Battlefield 2, championship manager, GTA San Andreas, Need For Speed Carbon, etc.
Screenshot of the msvcr71.dll Error in Windows
Possible error messages regarding this file:
- msvcr71.dll is missing
- msvcr71.dll error loading
- msvcr71.dll crash
- msvcr71.dll was not found
- the procedure entry point msvcr71.dll
- msvcr71.dll could not be located
- msvcr71.dll Access Violation
- Cannot find msvcr71.dll
- Cannot register msvcr71.dll
- The program can’t start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr71.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Msvcr71.dll: Free Download for windows
Developer: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Microsoft® Visual Studio®
Description: Microsoft® C Runtime Library
Why am I seeing msvcr71.dll is missing or was not found error?
There are a number of different reasons why msvcr71.dll errors can occur. Here are some reasons:
- A faulty application.
- msvcr71.dll has been deleted or misplaced by the latest Windows security patches or some other program.
- corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
Recommended Solution to Fix msvcr71.dll is missing Error
Download msvcr71.dll and copy it to the application or game installation folder, or copy it to the Windows system folder, and it should fix the error.
If you are not familiar with how to install DLL files, please review the instructions below.
Alternatively, you can install the Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable Package available on the Microsoft.com website if replacing the missing or corrupted msvcr71.dll does not work.
For an installation guide on how to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, follow this guide.
Also read: steam_api64.dll : Free Download for windows
How to install msvcr71.dll and fix errors in windows 10 or 11
The application folder is often the first place where software loads. DLL files. If it cannot find the. DLL file here, it will automatically check the Windows system folders.
- Place the. DLL file in the same folder where the application .exe file is located.
- DLL installation has been completed.
- And restart your computer if necessary
Not sure which application is having problems?
Try installing the. DLL file directly to Windows. (see below)
Also read: (0xc000007b).dll : Free Download for windows
Installing msvcr71.dll directly to Windows.
- Copy the. DLL file to your C:\Windows\System32\ folder. (32-bit)
- Copy the. DLL file to your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. (64-bit)
- DLL installation has been completed!