What is steam_api64.dll?
steam_api.dll – dll file called “Steam Client API” is a part of the Steam Client API program developed by Valve Corporation.
Games use steam_api.dll to access Steamworks services and features, including stats, achievements, authentication, finding game servers, and connecting with other Steam users.
Additionally, Steamworks API offers Valve Anti-Cheat functionality and DRM protection.
What is the location of steam_api64.dll?
steam_api.dll is commonly found in the install folder of the game using it.
example: \steam\steamapps\common\”Game name”\steam_api.dll , or C:\Program Files (x86)\”Game name”\steam_api.dll
File size: 0.11 MB
Language: U.S. English
Company: Valve Corporation
Description: Steam Client API
Zip file size: 55.8 kb
steam_api64.dll Error Screenshot in windows
Steam_api.dll errors can occur for a variety of reasons. Your PC might have a damaged Windows registry or a faulty application, steam_api.dll, that was deleted or misplaced.
Possible error messages from steam_api64.dll file:
- “The program can’t start because Steam_api.dll is missing from your computer”.
- “Steam_api.dll Missing”.
- “Steam_api.dll Not Found”.
- “Steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
- “This application has failed to start because Steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
- steam_api64.dll error loading
- steam_api64.dll crash
- the procedure entry point steam_api64.dll
- steam_api64.dll could not be located
- steam_api64.dll Access Violation
- Cannot find steam_api64.dll
- Cannot register steam_api64.dll
- The program can’t start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting steam_api.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading steam_api.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- steam_api.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
- The program can’t start because steam_api64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
Games using steam_api64.dll
Here are some games that use this steam_api64.dll file:
- GTA 5 / GTA V
- Rocket League
- Among us
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Battlefield / BF5
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Genshin Impact
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effect
- Epic Games Launcher
steam_api64.dll : Free Download for windows
Recommended Solution to Fix Dll Error
It is recommended that you reinstall steam_api.dll to the Windows system folder on your PC. Alternatively, some programs, such as PC games, require the DLL file to be placed in the installation folder.
Download steam_api64.dll and copy it to the application or game installation folder, or copy it to the Windows system folder, and it should fix the error.
If you are not familiar with how to install DLL files, please check out the instructions below.
How to install steam_api64.dll in windows 10 or 11
The application folder is often the first place where software loads .DLL files. If it cannot find the .DLL file here, it will automatically check the Windows system folders.
- Place the .DLL file in the same folder where the application .exe file is located.
- DLL installation has been completed.
- And restart your computer if necessary
Not sure which application is having problems?
Try installing the .DLL file directly to Windows. (see below)
Installing steam_api.dll directly to Windows.
Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\System32\ folder. (32 bit)
Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. (64 bit)
DLL installation has been completed!