What is Msvcp140.dll?
The msvcp140.dll File is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file similar to 0xc000007b.dll it is a part of “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015″ and is often required for running programs developed with Visual C++.
There are some games and applications that require this file to be in the game/application installation folder. This problem can be resolved by copying it from the Windows system folder to the install folder of the game or application.
Note: Make sure to use the 32-bit DLL-file for 32-bit software, and 64-bit DLL-file for 64-bit software.
Msvcp140.dll Error Screenshot in windows
Possible error messages regarding this file:
- Msvcp140.dll is missing
- Msvcp140.dll error loading
- Msvcp140.dll crash
- Msvcp140.dll was not found
- msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
- red dead redemption 2 msvcp140.dll not found
- cannot find msvcp140.dll please reinstall this application
Msvcp140.dll: Free Download for windows
Developer: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Microsoft® Visual Studio®
Description: Microsoft® C Runtime Library
download Msvcp140.dll for 32-bit
download Msvcp140.dll for 64-bit
What am I seeing msvcp140.dll is missing or was not found?
There are a number of different reasons why msvcp140.dll errors can occur. Here are some reasons:
- A faulty application
- msvcp140.dll has been deleted or misplaced
- corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
Here are some programs that may need msvcp140.dll
- GTA 5 / GTA V
- Rocket League
- Epic Games Launcher
How to install Msvcp140.dll in windows 10 or 11
The application folder is often the first place where software loads .DLL files. If it cannot find the .DLL file here, it will automatically check the Windows system folders.
- Place the .DLL file in the same folder where the application .exe file is located.
- DLL installation has been completed.
- And restart your computer if necessary
Not sure which application is having problems?
Try installing the .DLL file directly to Windows. (see below)
Installing Msvcp140.dll directly to Windows.
- Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\System32\ folder.
- Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.
- DLL installation has been completed!